Serving Clients Across the Southern Maryland Region

Contact Mudd & Moreland, LLC in Charlotte Hall, MD

Mudd & Moreland, LLC, is one of Southern Maryland’s leading accounting firms and we are proud to work with clients throughout our region. We combine expertise, experience, and teamwork to provide our clients with the financial services, tax preparation, and accounting solutions they deserve. We are dedicated to offering our clients the highest standard of service and are committed to being the firm you trust year after year for tax returns and more.

To receive more information about our services, please fill out the form on this page or give us a call at 301-645-7350 today.

Financial Services vector art

Reach Out To Us

*Note: Messages sent using this form are NOT confidential. Avoid sending highly confidential information or private information through this system.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is it too late to do my taxes?

Not at all. Please drop off all tax items as soon as possible to avoid accruing high penalties and interest fees.

When are quarterly payments due?

April 15, June 15, September 15, and January 15

When are the extension deadlines?

Individual-October 15

How can I reduce my tax bill?

The number one tax savings tools are the contributions that are made to your 401K. When you make income from a job, you can often reduce your taxable income by contributing to an employer-sponsored retirement plan or your own individual retirement account (IRA). These accounts allow you to contribute pretax dollars to invest or hold in cash for saving or for certain expenses. As a result, these contributions lower your taxable income and save you money on your tax bill.

Does Mudd and Moreland, LLC prepare tax returns for Estates and Trusts?

Yes. Please call the office to schedule your consultation.

What should new clients bring to scheduled appointments?

New clients should bring their prior year tax returns and their current year documents.

Where is my refund?

Clients can check the status of their refund by going to the IRS website and clicking on the link “Where’s My Refund?”.

Can I pay my payments online?

Yes, the federal payments can be made on the IRS website The Maryland payments can be made on the Comptroller of Maryland website

How are the penalties for late taxes assessed?

The penalty for late payments is 1⁄2% (1/4% for months covered by an installment agreement) of the tax due for each month or part of a month your payment is late.

What happens if I find a mistake on my return?

You have 3 years to file an amended return to request a refund.

How long should I keep my tax records?

The length of time you should keep a document depends on the action, expense, or event which the document records. Generally, you must keep your records that support an item of income, deduction or credit shown on your tax return until the period of limitations for that tax return runs out.

The period of limitations is the period of time in which you can amend your tax return to claim a credit or refund, or the IRS can assess additional tax. The information below reflects the periods of limitations that apply to income tax returns. Unless otherwise stated, the years refer to the period after the return was filed. Returns filed before the due date are treated as filed on the due date.

Note: Keep copies of your filed tax returns. They help in preparing future tax returns and making computations if you file an amended return.

Period of Limitations that apply to income tax returns
  1. Keep records for 3 years if situations (4), (5), and (6) below do not apply to you.
  2. Keep records for 3 years from the date you filed your original return or 2 years from the date you paid the tax, whichever is later if you file a claim for credit or refund after you file your return.
  3. Keep records for 7 years if you file a claim for a loss from worthless securities or bad debt deduction.
  4. Keep records for 6 years if you do not report income that you should report, and it is more than 25% of the gross income shown on your return.
  5. Keep records indefinitely if you do not file a return.
  6. Keep records indefinitely if you file a fraudulent return.
  7. Keep employment tax records for at least 4 years after the date that the tax becomes due or is paid, whichever is later.
Mudd & Moreland, LLC CPA Logo


Phone: 301-645-7350

Fax: 301-884-4699


Business Hours

Mon-Friday: 8:30 AM-5PM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed

Extended Hours During Tax Season